Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sorry it has been a couple of weeks:)

Wow some of you are probably wondering what happened after I left you hanging with a heavy post...well I can assure you that I am doing well!  Thank you for the kind comments in person and on the blog.  It has been rough at times but I am doing better day by day.  Where to begin...

Chris had his turn to have a week off and let me tell you: IT WAS AMAZING!  I will admit I am the first to "complain" when Chris is getting on my nerves and needs to go back to work but I will in all honesty admit that he was a HUGE help and I was really sad when he went back.  We had the best week doing absolutely nothing.  Chris did the dishes and cooked dinner.  He played with the older two kids and let me rest.  He played endless soccer with Matthew and took him to tennis camp every morning, then he would go by Starbucks and deliver my coffee to me.  It was glorious!  I appreciated him very much. 

Last Wednesday, it was operation "Make Siri feel less like a schlump".  I didn't plan this but it just occurred.  First, I went in for a cut and color that I had scheduled 4 months ago.  I was ready.  I had been begging Jill for a year to just chop it off but she was resistant.  Well off it came!  I caught her at a weak moment and she chopped off a good amount.  Such a good amount she donated it:) I absolutely love it.  It is light, it is easy to do and I am not wearing a pony tail anymore.  Nope no more pony tail.  I am wearing it curly and it literally takes me 20 minutes from shower to completely ready which includes makeup!  I am a new woman again!  After the hair appointment I went to Nordies to pick up a few items at the sale.  Peter and I had a great time trying on all sorts of clothes.  I needed to get out of maternity clothes for my own sanity.  I found some really cute transition things that made me feel great and looked cute.  I think these two things have helped life me out of my funk and made me feel better about myself!  It is amazing what it can do!!!

This has been my first week on my own and I was scared but I am figuring it out slowly.  I have gone to tennis every morning with all 3 and made it on time, I have been to the grocery store and Costco!  I have found that the baby bjorn is what Peter must be in for the stores and the other two can be in the carts with bribes.  (For Costco it was the hot dog/soda combo.) So far I am hanging in there:) 

Here are some pictures from the baptism.  Thank god Alex's (Agatha's fiance) dad had his very nice camera and took some pictures.  I didn't even take one:)

Peter continues to be a great baby.  I mean don't get me wrong it is not like he is sleeping through the night or anything, but he is very predictable for a baby.  He only cries when he is really tired and wants to be held or is hungry.  He is adorable and on the cusp of smiling.  He loves Matthew and Maggie very much and is so snuggly!  I promise I will try and take more pictures soon!!
We did a double baptism with Bennett.  See that bun on me...bye bye:)



That is Peter's God father, Eric in the back.  Mr. Banks, STM's principal, did the baptism. Seriously love that man!

Uncle Tias getting some snuggle time!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You amaze me and inspire me. And don't throw those maternity clothes away. Box them up and I'll come get them :-) NO! don't even think that.

PS-my cousin is starting college at Marquette in a matter of weeks and I just wrote her a note about school. I was constantly going back to moments with you; it was awesome!