Sunday, December 12, 2010

We have created a monster!

So I think a part of my childhood has come full circle!









For those of you that don't know this, I grew up skiing almost every weekend from the time that I was 7 until I went to college.  After that, I quickly realized how expensive of a hobby it was and then I met Chris who had never skied.  Fast forward to a week ago...Chris has been talking about learning how to ski for a long time and last week he decided to put Matthew in lessons.  We wanted to make sure that he liked it, before we invested time and money into outfitting the whole family.  (Maggie is a bit young yet)  Chris signed him up for lessons at Mt. Spokane and today was his first day.  He LOVED it and apparently was very good at it:)  He rode the chair lift and learned how to make a "pizza" with his skis to stop.  As you can see he was tuckered out at the end of the day.  The funniest part of the story (and this might be a bit TMI but it helps with the full circle part) when I went to take off his ski clothes we was wet underneath.  I asked him what happened and he told me that he just peed his pants.  I laughed and then immediately called my parents because after night lessons with my dad, I usually peed my pants on the way home.  My mom almost cried she laughed so hard!  I am excited to get back into it after all these years.  I hope I am ok at it?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

oh wow he looks like a pro! maybe he can give me some pointers!