Sunday, December 26, 2010

All I Got for Christmas...:(

...Was damn strep throat AGAIN!  This is the 3rd time this year that I have had it.  Oh well bright side: Rockwood urgent care down town is open 365 days a year AND I got the shot in my butt to avoid 10 days of antibiotics.  YESSSS!  I feel better today but just tired and worn down.  My friend, Kelli, always tells me that I have a lot of energy and I am a "go go" kind of person.  I think when I just "go go" too much this is my body's way of telling me to slow down and take a day off.  I think between all of the traveling, Maggie's birthday, and Christmas my body was telling me to take a day off.  So I did absolutely nothing all day when Chris and Matthew went skiing, except for hang with Maggie and watch about 5 hours of 48 hour hard evidence on TLC.  Maggie played around me, laid with me, and fell asleep next to me for a while.  It was so nice.  The house looks like a toy store explosion but I really don't care!

As far as actual Christmas was concerned (minus all of the sick stuff), it was great!  The kids loved all of their gifts from Santa, us, family and friends.  We saw a lot of Chris' family which was great.  We spent time with immediate family which was great and we got some really great pictures of Adam, Maggie and Matthew and then the three of them with Oma and Opa.  All in all, despite the sickness, it was a great Christmas.  I hope it was the same for all of you:)  (Even though I really wonder sometimes who really reads this thing! haha)




2 comments:

Amy said...

I read your blog so don't stop blogging! It's the only way I can keep up on you and the kids (and how fast they grow!!). I can't believe you had strep for Christmas; what a bummer. I'm temporarily in Portland, until next week, and then back to Minneapolis for one long last push until I finish up. I'm really looking forward to my defense in February and my return to Portland!! And them maybe a visit to see you :-)

Amy said...

I read your blog so don't stop blogging! It's the only way I can keep up on you and the kids (and how fast they grow!!). I can't believe you had strep for Christmas; what a bummer. I'm temporarily in Portland, until next week, and then back to Minneapolis for one long last push until I finish up. I'm really looking forward to my defense in February and my return to Portland!! And them maybe a visit to see you :-)