Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Sweet" ditties from Matthew


Take one good look at the face...this child lately has been testing the out limits of my patience and winning 9 times out of 10. Today we had two good instances of this. First, I just want to say that I will be the first to admit that I have a TERRIBLE potty mouth. I know it is a problem and it has gotten better but sometimes, especially when I am driving, it sneaks up on me. Well, lately Matthew has been saying things here and there to see if I am truly listening. I don't know if it is held over from my teaching days but I hear things; it is just that sometimes I choose not to respond. This morning I am getting him in the car and he says to a car driving away, "I cannot believe that our neighbor is driving away *pause* I cannot believe that our neighbor is driving away." (when I still did not answer him because really who cares that our neighbor is driving away) *pause* "I cannot *expletive beginning with f* believe that our neighbor is driving away!" I was like "excuse me!" That certainly got my attention. Then (oh yes there was another incident today) we went to Rosauers for some groceries. Well luckily they know us because we are there like every day and we were rolling past the Butcher's. There is the nicest man behind the counter and he always asks Matthew is he can have some of his donut. Well obviously Matthew is in a silly mood and they start bantering with each other. Then Matthew throws down: "I am going to kick you in the wiener!" Oh Lord...embarrassment for me! But the butcher thought is was HILARIOUS! Thank God he has a sense of humor! Anyway, I was mortified and he is currently having "quiet time" in his room, but Kelli said I had to post this because she was dying as I was telling her the stories. Thank God for friends too!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

laughing...and even more so because i saw kerry on tv for a rosauers commercial yesterday. i can't wait to ask him about matthew's comment. oh my, that kid cracks me up!

Amy said...

Wow, you have both Ryan and I busting a gut! Seriously, what almost 4 year old threatens a butcher (of all people as Ryan says-they have knives) that he'll kick them in the nutts!!! We love it and he is so your child.