Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Part II

My parents flew in on Friday and we got to work cooking for Thanksgiving dinner part II.  Since I wanted a lot of left overs I had bought 2 turkeys totaling 36 lbs so we made one on Friday and one on Saturday.  Saturday morning Terese came over to hang out because the football team that Adam coaches made it to finals so they played here.  It was such a treat to see her again and we had breakfast and coffee.  Then my parents and I pretty much cooked the rest of the day!  It was so delicious and worth it though.  We had turkey, potatoes, stuffing, homemade rolls (yum), cranberry sauce, yams, and pie.  It took 2 days of cooking and 20 minutes of eating and then and hour of cleaning up!  But I have to say that it was fun having my parents in town and fun cooking with them.  I couldn't have done it without their help with the kids and the cooking!  Whew...on to the next holiday!  A few pictures that I took:
Peter had some wild hair!

We used the fancy china

Bennett in the tupperware drawer:)


Maggie gets in on the action

Uncle Alex holding the boys...6 months apart and 3lbs difference! Haha
 

No comments: