Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Patience is a virtue...

I am having a difficult time deciding what to title this post.  I am in no way trying to potty train Maggie actively, but after her 2 year well child visit and Dr. Matt asking me whether she is interested (she is a little), I decided to get on board with this whole thing.  I will be the first to admit that I sometimes have little to no patience.  I waited until Matthew was OVERLY ready to potty train (he was literally telling me he was peeing in his diaper) before I did it.  It was a pretty smooth process but still.  Maggie is young so I am not thinking it is going to be quick but I need to be more patient with her.  I have been known to tell her to just go in her diaper when she tells me she has to go potty (bad Siri).  After having to confess that to Dr. Matt (he is very understanding and sweet...after all, he has 6 kids!), I realized that I needed to take a deep breath and just try and be more patient.  I bought her a seat cover which made me laugh because I realized that one day I will be sitting on one of those (circle of life?!) and seeing her little bottom in those Hello Kitty underwear was just too much!  I am putting her in a diaper by day but taking her when she tells me even if it is just to sit, and at night when we are at home and can pay attention, we let her wear her underwear.  Maybe it will work and maybe not?!  We actually potty trained Matthew on our last trip to Hawaii about 2 years ago and we are going back to the same resort so I figured...Let's go 2 for 2?!  Maybe a bit of wishful thinking but having my kids out of diapers does sound pretty nice.  Wish me luck!!!
That is a serious pinchable tush!


No comments: