Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I know you are going to make fun of me and I don't care!
I will spend money on a lot of things that others may find ridiculous (shoes, purses, hair straightening) but on car detailing...no thank you! It's not because I don't think the detailers won't do a good job and my car won't smell great but it is because I know I will spend a lot of money and then my kids will get in the car and in about 30 seconds remind me why it was ridiculous to spend the money in the first place. So lately my car has smelled like a dirty foot and I have been putting off cleaning it. I finally decided today was the day! I went to Costco and bought rubber floor mats to put down after I was all done. (Why I didn't do this like 4 years ago I have no idea!) I am happy to report that I got 8 mats for roughly $36.00! Yay me! Then I drug the kids to Fred Meyer and rented a Rug Doctor. (If you have ever stood in line at customer service at Fred Meyer with two children then you are applauding me right now!) Finally, I put Maggie down for a nap, turned on a movie for Matthew, and proceeded to clean the car in roughly 20 degree weather! (I posted that picture so you can get a visual for what I am working with right now.) I spent 2 hours wiping, vacuuming, and finally "rug doctoring" the carpets. I then took the newly purchased floor mats and cut them to size. I cleaned the kids' car seats and finally to top it off, added a vanilla tree to our rear view mirror! I can hardly wait to drive Matthew to school tomorrow. I have to wait for the rugs to dry which better be faster than 24 hours but all will work out:) Now that I am thawed out after a hot shower I am sipping tea and revelling in my happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
haha~good for you, i did think you were very brave to be out there in the freezing cold, but you're a diehard :") those rubber mats will change your life~as far as the inside of your car goes. we couldn't live without ours! glad you were able to tidy up the hylander!
Oh Siri...you are TOO good! I like to just think about it instead of actually do it!! Ha ha!!! I bet you feel much better!! :)
I hope you park that car in the garage tonight so that the carpets don't freeze (this comes from personal experience with our balmy winters here in Minnesota). And I really can't believe today was the day to clean out the car-in 20 degree weather! But, as someone who knows you pretty well, when you make up your mind to do something, you do it!
Post a Comment