.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)




So today was the big day. Maggie turned 1! I have to say it was a day filled with mixed emotions for me. I feel so excited that we have made it through the first year. It was a rough one at times but at other times, it was amazing. This girl has a ton of frequent flyer miles and has been all over with us. She has grown and changed so much. She can be so sweet and so spicy. On the other hand, I was thinking back to where I was a year ago and it made me tear up. Seven feet of snow, big BIG belly, a weird c-section, NICU, silver hair...it was all surreal. It went so fast and so slow. I think it is more difficult because as Chris and I disucss life, we are considering being done with the "having kids" chapter. I just hope that I cherished it as much as I should have. Anyway, I am making myself tear up here so I will just tell you all the great parts of today:
Maggie went to her first dental appointment (we know a guy...) and was perfect! She didn't even cry when Dr. Andrew looked in her mouth.
She wore her princess shirt all day and then changed for the big party!
She was a champ at her party and ate her cake like a pro!
She is currently passed out asleep. We are going to have to read her the Too Much Birthday book!!!
We collected so many presents for the St. Margaret's women's shelter! Thank you to all who donated.
She is currently passed out asleep. We are going to have to read her the Too Much Birthday book!!!
We collected so many presents for the St. Margaret's women's shelter! Thank you to all who donated.
Anyway, I so look forward to all the adventures that children bring, but there isn't anything like seeing your child turn 1. It is like you can release just a tiny sigh of relief. (Just a small one;))
1 comment:
I can't believe your baby is 1! She's so adorable and growing up so fast. I look forward to watching her grow up (along with her brother) over the next many, many years. But I'm with you on the bitter sweetness of her turning one. You no longer have a baby.
Post a Comment