Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend we went over to Edmonds to see my parents.  It was really fun and actually relaxing!  Chris had to go to Orlando for a meeting and there was no way I was going to be alone for 4 days with the kids so I packed it up and drove over.  People often ask me how I drive over with the kids by myself.  I have to say that it isn't that bad.  I think it is because I tell myself that it is going to take 6 hours and it might be hard but I will get there.  The two biggies are really good travelers and Peter is learning.  I stopped twice to go to the bathroom which is the hardest part when you are the only adult because we all go into the bathroom together!  This is usually followed by the treats that I have bribed them with to get into the bathroom.  Peter was a little restless toward the end of the trip and luckily Maggie had some Bugles left so she fed them to him.  It makes me laugh the food I will feed Peter to get him to hold on just a little longer.  What 11 month old gets Bugles?  Ha! Of course once we got there my parents are so great and help me out so I can sit and relax.  Or they watch them so I can cook.  Either way it is a win/win.  Saturday morning I visited Terese who just had her baby Cooper Marie.  I was in heaven because I got to go alone for 4 whole hours by myself and hold this precious little baby.  She is pretty adorable and looks exactly like Terese!  Then Saturday night I saw Rachel and had a fun family dinner.  All in all it was a great weekend! 

No comments: