Maggie had another eye appointment on Monday and I was all prepared for the Dr. to tell me that we needed to schedule surgery. Maggie's eyes are a bit "wandering" and she was going to have to have surgery to tighten the muscles. Well to my surprise there was no talk of surgery just yet because her poor left eye is a bit lazy:( The Dr. suggested patching the right to make the left stronger. I was so prepared for surgery that I didn't know what to say! I was thinking "oh great, this is going to be hell!" But so far Maggie has been a trooper. She has to wear it every other day for 3 hours. They have some amazing literature out there and we bought her a poster so her "used" patches can make a skirt for a princess. Also, there are some quite girly patches and I think letting her choose which one she wants makes it better. Of course she chose the pink and purple flowered one! The first day we had to bribe her with the ipad to get her to forget about it but today, she was a trooper and I even took her to the gym with it on. I ordered her a pink pirate shirt (I mean you have to have a sense of humor about it:)) so hopefully that will help. And we picked out some rewards for when she is good. In total, she has to wear it for 2 months so that isn't so bad. All the literature I have read, says that it is so important because if the "lazy eye" is not treated, the brain will shut it off! And the younger you treat it the better. I am hoping that our diligence may save her from surgery (fingers crossed) but at least it will help her eyes in the long run!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
How's the princess poster coming along? What a cute idea, and a great motivator for the little one's who have to endure the patch wearing. I'm sure Mag's is a trooper, you have easy going kiddos! Hopefully this will correct the weak eye=NO SURGERY!
Post a Comment