I know it has been FOREVER since I have posted some pictures and updates. I find myself exhausted and just so busy. I know what some are thinking and the answer is NO I am not pregnant. I am just bad at saying no and good at saying yes:) Also, Maggie's birthday being in December (obviously through no fault of her own) has made my Thanksgiving to Christmas month shorter than ever!! I want to crawl in a hole and come out about December 18th just in time for her birthday but alas...that is not the Herzog way. We will have a couple of trips coming up and lot's of cakes (which I love to do!) Anyway, here is the update: first, we are leaving out of town for Thanksgiving. Since my in-laws don't really travel (or travel at all) I decided to cook them Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday so at least they would have some leftovers on the actual day. It was yummy and fun considering Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
 |
| It's from Costco with an addition of whip cream from me:) |
 |
| I realize now it looks kind of nasty in the picture, but it is GOOD stuffing! |
 |
| My China that has been passed down from my Grandma and Mom! |
 |
| That was just for me;) |
Next, the very sweet family who bought my cake at the Thomas More auction last year called and I did a soccer birthday cake. I realized that my soccer ball could have been better but oh well:)
And last but certainly not least, my parents came over last weekend for the candy making extravaganza!!!! It is work, but my mom and I had a blast making all the candy. I realized the hardest one to make is the egg nog truffles but they are soooo good:) Thanks mom and dad for coming to help!
 |
| The mess is never pretty but we get through it! |
One more tiny little bragging right...I made a cake for my friend, Larisa's, school auction. I forgot to take a picture of the cake (booo) but it was a simple 8in round to be auctioned off for the dessert portion of the evening. Larisa reported that the cake went for $175 and it was the third highest dessert sold! I was very happy about that:)
No comments:
Post a Comment