Monday, May 3, 2010

Ahhhh Bloomsday...

Gearing up for the race!



Go Children's Choice!

Well what can I say...It was a terrible run. Let me rewind. I was so pumped for the race. It was Chris' first Bloomsday and we have been training like crazy for this half marathon. I was pumped up and ready to see what I could do. Well there were a few things that seemed to go a bit haywire. First we got down there a tad later than we should have. Then, I had to go to the bathroom SO BAD and didn't have time until after the race started. We stopped at a bathroom and waited for like 15 mins. Then about mile 3 I tripped and fell. I was very startled and then it just seemed like I wouldn't recover. It was so crowded this year and I think we were in too slow a color group, and running with too many people. Anyway, we finished. Not in the time I would have hoped but we finished. After I thought about it for awhile and dissected it with my other teammates, these are my conclusions. First, we finished! Despite numerous setbacks and obstacles we finished...I am so proud of us for not giving up!!! Second, this is only a training run. I let it get to me and built it up to be this big thing. This was not my race. This was only a training run. In fact, Chris and I proceeded to run another 7.5 miles after Bloomsday for a grand total of 15 miles!!! Third, we all finished together. We did not leave a teammate behind. I fell, two members helped me (there were 5 of us running together). Another was having knee issues and we dropped back to run with her. We actually all crossed the finish line together and that was an awesome feeling! Last, I have to say that this is the biggest part I am so proud of: My father who literally had a heart attack 7 months ago beat his previous time!!!! I mean that right there is the most amazing thing ever!!!! I am so proud of us and I know right now I kind of have a bad taste in my mouth, but I am sure I will come out next year and try it again:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMN U BLOOMSDAY!!! How dare you try to knock us down--Literally! We WILL get you next year!!!

Kudos to Miss Siri for not giving up :) You are a trooper girl. Can't wait for our REAL race!

xoxoxo D

Kelli Lofstedt said...

Ha~This D*** race was quite the JOKE wasn't it?! D, I agree, Siri, you're one tough cookie and had it been me that had fallen, I would have cried, told you guys to take me to the medic, and probably wouldn't have finished. Guess it's a good thing that you were loaded on Advil! One day I will have a bloomsday re-do, but I don't even think I can face her for a couple years. Too bad we all didn't ride the bus back tpgether. You could have added the cherry top like we did, and rode the bus all the way to the valley ;) I know we all did our BEST considering the circumstances. And thanks to my team for not leaving me behind at mi 6 when I thought my knee was blown out! Xo
GO CHILDREN'S CHOICE!!

Jules said...

You guys are hard core! I'm sure your students at St. Agatha would be impressed. It must be all that awake tea from years gone by.

I'm actually wearing the green apron again. Yes, working part-time while going to massage school. Always reinventing myself, just like Madonna!