Tuesday, January 19, 2010

CHD aka "creepy hair doll"




You are probably wondering "what the hell is that?" Yes I too wondered that when I first saw it. This past September, I went to Friday Harbor to visit my friend Jen Horn and she has a 2 1/2 year old named Lila. (We have the same birthday but that is not crucial to the story!) Anyway, she was carrying around this thing and I was kind of creeped out and intrigued at the same time. Jen told me that she had to buy this for Lila when she weaned her because she was OBSESSED with Jen's hair (btw it is made with real human hair). Well a couple of months later, I was trying to wean Maggie and I realized that Maggie was not going down without a fight. (If you don't already know this about Maggie, she too is OBSESSED with hair.) I approached Chris and said "I think we need to get one of those creepy hair dolls for Maggie." And the name was born!! Anyway, we ordered one off the internet: http://www.loveybabies.com/ and it came. Please don't judge me for the next part of this story, but I slept with it for about 2 weeks then we gave it to her for her birthday. By this time I had decided to wean her to the bottle but I thought at least it smelled like me?! So at first she was kind of skeptical, but now she LOVES this thing. At night when I put her down she finds it, grabs onto the hair, pulls it underneath her, sticks her little butt in the air and then goes to sleep. It is so cute. We still find it kind of creepy but hey whatever works right?!?!

2 comments:

LAURA said...

Sorry Siri, but this doll IS creepy. Why the mohawk, why the faceless child, why does the hair have to be so dry and brittle and scratchy?.....So many questions, and no answers. Creepy is an understatement. BUT, I agree, if it makes her sleep then it is worth not only the money but the dignity you lost when you bought it and then slept with it.

Kelli said...

Um...all I can really say about this is...WOW!
Maybe this will be Mag's something "old" on her wedding day(LOL!) can you imagine, her hubby would be thinking WT*?!